Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Reports to: Senior Buyer & Head of GSS
Location: York (YO10)
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 per annum pro rata (part time 20 hours a week or full time 37.75 hours per week)
Are you looking for your next step in Purchasing? Want to develop your career further in a varied and busy Supply Chain Department? If you are self-motivated to learn and looking for your next challenge, then apply now!
Global Supply Services is a leading provider of supply chain management solutions, helping businesses to source and supply electronic and electro-mechanical components to customers around the world.
Global Supply Services is very customer focused and enjoys an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction and is growing in Sales and GP annually. Part of the Cyclops Group, Global Supply Services is driven by targets and contributes a large proportion to the Group’s success year on year.
The company is looking to appoint an Assistant Buyer to compliment the purchasing and materials processes and to offer support to the Senior Buyer.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate a high level of numeracy, good attention to detail, excellence on excel and material planning systems and preferably have a working knowledge of electronic and electro-mechanical components.
- Manage all aspects of the departments junior level buying
- Work with the Senior Buyer to learn Purchasing processes
- Freight In/Out, costing, dates, warehouse transfers
- To take ownership of customer accounts inventory and to manage the day to day running, placing orders, pricing and help troubleshoot
- Monitor and manage stock levels in 3rd party warehouses that feed localised production plants
- RMA`s to update, manage and liaise with the quality department
- Place orders from customer requirements and forecasts whilst ensuring the schedule has minimal on the shelf time
- Expedite and ensure On-time delivery
- Maintain and help manage correct stock levels / excess & obsolete
- Help deliver purchase cost savings annually
- Help and support the Senior buyer to deliver competitive freight cost savings
- Continue and develop direct relationships with suppliers/manufacturers
- Maintain the supplier database
- Manage the Purchase Order log
- Working and liaising with suppliers on lead-time profile and shortage solutions
Skill set / Experience
- Minimum of 1 years working as a buyer
- Understand supply logistics chain
- Full Microsoft suite of programs capability, particularly excel
- Very strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Manage your own workload
- Capable of working in a small team and build positive working relationships with other team members
- Share a positive and “can do” approach with the rest of the team
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Demonstrates logical and analytical ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of electronic components an advantage
- Recognised educational achievements
- Healthcare cash plan (up to £2,000 per year, including dental and eye care)
- Additional company bonus available
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
To apply, please email Claire Thomson with your CV and an accompanying cover letter.
Strictly no agencies